Sunday, September 20, 2009

AHOBILAM NARASIMHA SWAMY TEMPLE

Wednesday, August 19, 2009


AHOBILAM NARASIMHA SWAMY TEMPLE

background : My father-in-law visitied Ahobilam with his family and JOGI (type of procession with diety's photo in his arms ) Pooja along with his family that was before my marriage in Aug 1978.



Having bent of mind towards the GOD now my sankalpam to reach the temples as much as I can, Lord Narasimha moved me to see the temple. Located in forest area one has to walk over the hills to see the nava narasimha temples located one above the other on the way to the hill top where the ugra narasimha stambham is located.

The trip starts with the darshan of Main diety at the groundlevel of the hill. I have climbed over to two more temples over the hill but, moving further is a difficult thing considering my physical stamina. I prayed to the Lord to bless one and all, the near and dear, my children Mothi ANIl and Venkat and my beloved wife.



Ghat route buses run between Ahobilam and the nearest RTC bus stand ( Allagaddais the nearest RTC bus stand / small town now) that is 6 kms away from ahobilam. Buses run to Nandyala so I moved in the afternoon to Nandyala and from there to Mahanandi (15 kms away from Nandyala)

Posted by Murali Ande at 7:38 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment