Saturday, September 19, 2009

VARAHA NARASIMHA SWAMY TEMPLE SIMHACHALAM VISAKAPATNAM





























VARAHA NARASIMHA SWAMY TEMPLE SIMHACHALAM VISAKAPATNAM

In Vishakhapatnam during my M Sc days 1972-1974, I visited Simhachalam two times.
It was on the hill top.
I climbed over the stairs and I was so thin and lean less than 42 kgs, so I was climbing the stairs so rapidly that I could cross many behind me.  The temple is one of the Krishnadevaraya periodtemple with huge Prakaram and sculputres.  The diety of the Varaha Narasimha swamy is inside a linga structure formed by pasting Gandham over the diety. So, i was a bit disappointed as I can not see the real diety's.    But, I prayed severally to the Lord to do all the good for me and my parents and sisters and their families.  I was still a studentof MSc at that time.
In the second visit we went with a group of friends and climbed further up the hill after the temple.  Temple is located some what below the top of the hill.  Then we went on walking climbing down with dangerous and steep so-called steps.  This route was hardly used by the sheapards or cow heard boys to take the goats for green leafy stuff.  then by the time it is sawn, we reached a raod in secluded area on the other side of Simhachalam.    Some how we managed a lift on a truck going towards waltair after it was dark and reached late night the student Hostel in Waltair where we are staying. I was staying in  the Vinaya sagar Hostel  during the second year of my MSc. My room mate was Nageswarachari a srikakulam boy with excellent english proficiency.  He used to appreciate me for my talent in understanding chemistry.  When I was doing my Ph.D he came for interview  in ACC cement company and he has secured the job.  He has written me a letter with a high level poem in English 10 stangas of 4 lines each and I have kept it close to my heart for two decades almost but, now, I can not trace it nor I can find his address.  So strange, a person who was my room mate and who was so nice to me, how time turns the memories into the images run infornt of your  eyes as backlash.  

1 comment:

  1. Sir I want Simhachalam 11th century Temple Photos is it possible. My email: senvskp@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete