Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thousand pillars temple Hanumakonda / WARANGAL




After my visit to Madaram on saturday, I stayed back in Hanumakonda in Satya Lodge,  Prashanthi Nilayam Building in Chorasta area. Morning after bath I visited the nearby thousand pillars temple and performed Rudrabhishekam.  This is one of the most satsifying Pooja experience after the Draksgharama Abhishekam.  I could perform the abhishekam with my own hands.  The shiva lingam is on a pettam five feet high and the shiva lingam is about 2 and half  feet.  I have to raise my feet a bit to pour the abhisheka jalam on the devine shiva lingam. I prayed for the well being of Rohini and her family.  Prayed severally to bless her with a gifted son with devine and pious qualities. The Abhishekam has a nominal fee of Rs.100/-.  Then, since this is the starting of Magha masam, the Poojari has told me all the 30 days of Magha Month they will perform the Pooja in the early hours of the day for Mano vancha phala siddi and Istakarya phala siddhi"  thus I have given my name gotram, wife and sons and daughter's names.  Poojari also has noted down my cell number on the same note book.  It is about 10 am, then I went back to the hotel.

About the temple : The temple is very beautiful with swculpture similar to the Hampi samrajayam.  One thing first struck me where are the thousand pillars, since the pillars seen are hardly 100.  The it is revelaed that the structure of the wall of the three temples are carved with the shape of pillars.  it appears one single stone may have as many as five pillars carved on it. The picture on the top right is the wall of one of the temple of Surya  Bhagawan.  The pillars made on the entire walls of he three temples amount ot the remaining 900 odd pillars.  These pillars are not seperate or individual pillars as I understand. Except for the Shiva lingam in the main Rudra temple, the other two are without the images.    Out of the three temples only the main Rudreswara  swamy shiva lingam is worshipped as this has the Shiva lingam. The temple was bult in 11th century.

1 comment: